Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Am the Kid Who Runs After Buses

Another mad sprint to catch the bus. Who wants to bet how many times this will happen again this week? This time I saw the bus coming as soon as I locked up the house. I took off in my black fluffy Aldo winter boots. The 100 feet dash got my heart pounding when I still felt half asleep. What a way to wake up. Thank goodness the bus driver was observant and kind to wait for me at the stop. My legs aren't as fast as they used to be when I ran track & field.

The season is in full autumn. Trees are shredding their leave faster than you can rake them up. Darkness is taking over the daylight. And, the temperature doesn't seem to capture the frozen bit in the air. All of these things remind me that winter is coming. Soon there will be snow and short, cold days. It's getting harder to get out of bed. Not because of the depression, but because its difficult to wake before the sun and when your bed is so much warmer than your room. I envy my cat who is still cuddled in the warm blanket while I sit on a crowded bus. Not fair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I envy Cleo who apparently knows how to turn on the gas fireplace and lies in front of it.. I fixed her furry tail and now shut the french doors.. sucks to be her when I am at work...love you mom

Ashelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Anonymous Wow, such a smart girl!!! You'll have to kitty proof the fireplace. I miss Cleo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...