Monday, October 18, 2010

To be a Witch? or not?

I tried my hand at doing some dramatic make-up... Usually I don't wear much because my skin is super sensitive and loves any reason to break out.  So I used some  pictures from one of my favorite fashion/make-up bloggers: Doe Deere Blogazine. She's a super beautiful girl who's very creative and talented.  I definitely need some practice and liquid black eyeliner.  


I messed up the bottom lines... I should have brought her picture and tutorial with me while trying out the new style.  It's makes me envious when girls can do such amazing make-up.  Make-up always seems to make me  look more tired and old.  I need help with make-up application!!  The goal was too look like a gothic witch. 

I usually have big issues with people dressing up as witches for Halloween because I feel like it's stereotyping.  But right now all I have available at the low cost of: $0 is an old black dress, black gloves, a black wig and a borrowed cape.. plus some crystals to accent the costume.  So I'll be hypocritical this year.  


Halloween is fast approaching and so is the first party that we'll be hosting in our new home.  Decorations were needed!  Chris and I hit up some dollar stores, to do a little bargain shopping and I realized that I'm a skeleton-kind-of-girl.  The only Halloween decorations that I liked were the creepy bones ones... at least we have a theme throughout the home now. 


It's the little things that make a house a home...


Last week I was full of stress, mindless and bitchy moments. The midterm was over for me by 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.  I emotionally and mentally crashed that night...

 
But Sunday was a new day. Full of friends, love and pie.  The cutest moment of my weekend was watching a friend's little boy loving the motorcycle.  This 5 year old, adorable little doll, just jumped at the chance to sit on the CBR.  With no fear he learned how to turn it on and what handle makes the loud noise. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

If you have crazy colours and glitter. Then sparkly dress and a boa you could be a Las Vegas Show Girl =o. I'm so sick of halloween.

How'ed the exam go?!

Ashelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Jaclyn Not as well as I would have wanted, but I passed. I do have loads of glitter but no appropriate sparkly dress or a boa *pout* But a show girl is a cute idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...