Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hello Kasuku

Its the end of the day... The bus seems to be moving slower than usual but I know it's just my excitement. Chris and I are adopting an African Grey parrot. It's about a 40 year commitment. Tonight we are having our last play date until the adoption day.

Most people think I'm mad... I can tell by their reaction when I tell them... The reactions are quickly recovered to match my excitement which is a sweet gesture of support. Then there's the haters like my younger (and annoying) siblings who will voice their negative opinions. Most are turned off by these beautiful creatures. Maybe because they live long, they require a lot if attention, their beaks can rip you a part (not to mention your furniture) and they are not quiet domesticated. Personally I see all of the above plus the attitude of these birds as positive qualities in a companion feathered critter.

Saturday is the day Kasuku will come home. If anyone is interested, YouTube "Alex African Grey Parrot"... I'll post videos later tonight.

5 comments:

Danielle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! Very exotic of you ;)

Shybiker said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cool! Having an animal-companion adds dimension and joy to one's life. I'm sure you'll love having this parrot. Good luck!

Krista said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just because it's not something everyone does doesn't mean it isn't a good idea! I think it's fantastic. Often those kinds of pets go to the wrong people, I'm proud that you're willing to take on such a big task. :)

20 YORK STREET said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is soo cool! I think you'll have lots of fun with it!


besos,

ML
Happy, Happy New Year!

20 YORK STREET

noone said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HAHAHAHA well I don't think my roomate knows I got a blog soo whew dodged a bullet on the razors comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...