Saturday, July 2, 2011

On Board

Blogging has taken a hit in the last month, and it's increasingly become less and less evey week. Unpublished and unfinished posts have been filling up my dashboard. Most days the words don't form in my mind enough to type out. But it's okay. I'm okay. And I do still check in on all my favorite bloggers, just tend to comment less. I think its just part if this whole winding down and self discovery process. On a positive note, even though my blogging has gone down, my personal journalling has gone up.

Right now I'm on the train heading to my patents home in Kingston to visit for a few days. Tomorrow will be their 30th wedding anniversary. It will be nice to share the day with them and the rest of the family. What makes this trip even more special is that I'll get to see my uncle Rick whose visiting as well. He's the guy who taught me about motorcycles, cars, boats, guns and humor. Even though it's "wrong" to admit, but I will anyways, he's my favorite uncle. I can't wait to show him my motorcycle license.

Traveling to Kingston always makes me anxious. It has nothing to do with the people that I love who live there. My family is awesome and I wish that they all lived closer to Ottawa. But there's other people that live there that I dread running into. Kingston is a small town. Running into people from high school is a regular occurrence. Even now, there are two girls from my high school on this train. Its annoying to hear them nattering about how much they hate Ottawa and how lame Canada Day was.

But I think I'm strong enough to stand up for myself if needed. Not with the two nattering girls because nothing will shut them up. But if I see certain individuals while in Kingston, i don't think it will make me as upset as it would have months ago.

What I am excited for is...

Tomorrow will be a nice family day, hopefully followed by hanging out with one of my best friends, Jaclyn. Monday, I'm hoping to hit up my favorite beach in Ontario, Sandbanks. So far I have Jaclyn whose agreed to come along. Next I need to convince my family to go. But I'm hoping that it will be an easy argument as I hope they love beaches as much as I do.   

6 comments:

Shybiker said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Enjoy your family and friends. Ignore the bad people. And relax. Enjoy life.

Marielleheart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I know sometimes it's really hard to keep up the bloggin! Though I like your blog, would you like to follow each other?

Bonnie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You mentioned a road of self-discovery -- It sounds like you are describing my life. I totally need to do some soul searching over the next month. I understand. :)

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope you had a wonderful weekend with family and friends Ash! I also dread running into high school people when I'm back home, just make sure to surround yourself with those who love you :)

noone said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hope you had a wonderful time at their anniversary!! and that I see you soon :)

Marcia B. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooo bumping into high school peeps, i dread that too lol You better post pics of sandbanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...