Monday, February 20, 2012

Cupcake Tutorial

As promised, here is the "how to" for the Angry Bird cupcakes I posted about last week.   







What you'll need:

  • Cupcakes
  • Coloured icing: red or blue... (you can experiment with the other colours just keep in mind that you will need different coloured gummies to make the beaks)
  • Jellybeans: red or blue
  • White chocolate drops
  • Dark chocolate drops or brown smarties... Note: make sure they are smaller than the white chocolate drops
  • Yellow gummy candy
  • Icing utensil
  • Shape knife

Now onto the good stuff....







If you decide to make the blue birds, 
you can skip steps five and six as this bird looks more dopey than angry.



Step seven is my favourite cause the left over gummy pieces end up in my mouth.




And that's it! Hope you enjoyed this super easy tutorial :)

2 comments:

Jenarcissist @ the closet narcissist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ohhh, how awesome - thank you for posting this! I can't wait to try it out. I wonder if I can hold out til summer for hubs' birthday. I've become known in his family for making crazy, creative cakes every year, and I'm not even much of a baker. And after 7 years, I'm short on ideas. They usually look better than they taste. lol This time, maybe I can have the best of both worlds! I especially love how you just change their expressions with some extra frosting. He really loves this game.

Jenarcissist @ the closet narcissist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So here's how they came out! They were a huge hit. Thank you so much! I couldn't find the candy melts at first, so if anyone has trouble, you could use Hershey's Drops in cookies n cream for the whites of the eyes if you can't find them. I had to use licorice for eyebrows, Almond Joy Drops for pupils, and Hot Tamales for feathers. But I'm so happy with how they turned out!

http://ow.ly/i/Mi4B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...