Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Ends & A Calm Sets In

Let me start off with this:


Really?  Has the world really come to this?! Instructions on what to do before you drink delicious beer?!  
Phillips, you are a yummy beer and your caps makes me giggle every time. 

~*~     ~*~      ~*~     ~*~     ~*~     ~*~     ~*~     ~*~     ~*~     ~*~     ~*~     ~*~     ~*~     ~*~

23 days until I own my very first house.  The best part is that the co-buyer is an incredible man whom I love deeply.  Today, while in the bank settling the bullshit that comes along with buying a house... it really hit me.  I'm going to own property. Crazy! I'm too immature to be doing this.

But Chris and I needed to get out of this itty-bitty one bedroom apartment in the sketchy downtown area.  A house was something we both really wanted.  Plus it's a great investment if you plan on staying in the same place for at least 5 years.  




The last year we started saving hard core in order to come up with the cash for the down-payment, closing costs and that little security blanket.  I had to cut back on a lot of my spending, since I have a problem with shopping.  Well, it's not really a problem... I just love clothes and pretty things.  So I buy them and forget about the balance on my credit card. 

Cutting back has taught me to be more creative with my style by using what I already have.  I've started to sew again, a hobby I had as a teenager but dropped over the years.  It's nice to get lost in designing and creating something.  I would like to do more but it's hard to produce stuff when there is a cat, bird and man in the same room as you are. Now I find myself dreaming of my art room/office which will include a sewing table. It's so exciting. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...