Monday, June 6, 2011

First Class in Review


With an unexpected turn to what was thought to be a normal weekend of landscaping with family & friends, Chris and I desperately needed a break.  We were both exhausted and sore from cutting down trees, and currently I am covered in cuts and bruises.   Our favourite thing to do to relax is watching movies.  X-Men: First Class came out this weekend and like the geeks we are, we needed to see it.  Yes, needed.

Both of us thought the movie was awesome! The prequel gave a great historic overview to the older characters: Magneto, Professor X and Mystique.  It was interesting watching how each character dealt with the struggles of being so different.  And I couldn't help but think are some of the "evil" characters, really evil or just victims who have poor coping skills and support systems.  Plus, Mr Fassbender who played Magneto was hot.  Just saying... if you get dragged to it by a fellow geek at least you have some eye candy.   Also, there were some surprise cameos, like one from a super hot and metal full wolf.

(Really I just watch these action packed movies for the hot guys in tight outfits... what can I say, I'm a pig.)  

I really don't want to say too much because it could ruin it for people who like the series.  So if you are a fan like me, one who used to watch the cartoon or play the Sony game, I highly recommend watching this movie.  Hard core fans might find that there are differences from the older series/comic books but the movie overall is entertaining and that's really what counts.  

On a Side Note... This movie reminds me of a story.

A story of my Sister breaking the unwritten rule of stealing a guy I so "called".


Back in the year 2004, my family took a trip to Universal Studios, Florida.  This is where my sister stole the man that I "called dibs on" to take a photo with, his name was Cyclops.  I remember that day very clearly.  As Sarah and I waited in line, I turned to her to say "I call Cyclops, he's the cutest".  When the time came to stand next to the X-Men, Sarah totally took to his side.  That smile on my face is really say "BITCH!"...


Years later, during another trip to the magical world of Universal, I tried to make up for that day back in '04.  The line up to see the adorable Cyclops was long, but I waited to get a picture with him, alone.  As I walk up to his side, who cuts the line to sneak into my photo with the laser-eye hunk.... Sarah.  One day I will get my photo taken with Cyclops without Sarah creeping into it. One day.  *sigh*

9 comments:

Shybiker said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the review. I was wondering whether to see it and you tipped me in that direction!

Ashelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Shybiker Hope you like it. I really thought it was an entertaining movie and provided lots of character development. Alex Summers, the dad of Scott Summers (a.k.a. cyclops) is in it too and he is very much like his son. Which is cool.

b said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Havok is Cyclops' brother.
Alex Summers is Scott's brother.

If they actually refer to Havok as his father in that movie, that is cause and reason for NERD RAGE.

Ashelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL oh no bNow I'm worried if they did or didn't mention it. Could have been my bad since I would consider myself a Geek and not a full on Nerd.

Thank you for the clarification.

One question I did have is, did Beast really come to be by an accident or was he born a furry blue creature?

noone said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE x men, I'm a HUGE fan of all the movies, its prob my fav movie series! I was suppose to see it on weekend but then ended up working, sigh, but from your review I want to see it asap!

Krista said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm with b, it's time to start a nerd riot! This is a movie I can't see with Brian. If they screwed up another X-Men movie by going against canon he'd just sit their and be pissed and I am in no way joking when I say that. I wouldn't want to deal with an X-Men 3 or Wolverine incident again.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ha ha that made me laugh... she was so quick with her move and her face speaks volumes..gotta love a good rivalry with sisters

Ashelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Pop Champagne I hope you like it as much as I did.

LOL Oh Krista Sadly, I know you do not kid. I can imagine Brian sitting there pissed off with the movie.

And Anonymous, a good sister rivalry is always fun and games... until a cat fight breaks out. And trust me, if this goes down one more time, I will lose it on her.... Oh I'm just joking... kind of.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh my dear, she is long and wirey, I would watch with the threats my little one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...