Tuesday, June 7, 2011

RIP IT!

Recently I had the privilege of attending the I AM FASHION: Rip the Fab Lane as a member of the Twenty York Street team.  The show was fabulous.  The models, beautiful and everyone was so wonderful.  I really had a blast.  One thing about the event that I really loved was the promotion of beauty taking many different forms.   The models ranged from what I would call a size 0 to 10, and they were all beautiful. 

If you don't already follow Twenty York Street and haven't seen my tweets, please go and check out the post that I have written about I AM FASHION at http://www.twentyyork.com/2011/06/i-am-fashion-are-you.html.

Photograph taken by the talented, J of YouGotSquared

Also, since I'm dropping a "promotional post" about articles that I have written.  Check out another one at Twenty York Street on my first photo-shoot experience at http://www.twentyyork.com/2011/06/photoshoot-experience-by-ashelle.html


Photograph taken by, J of YouGotSquared


Most people who know me in "real life", know that I tend to shy away from cameras or make awkward faces and avoid the whole situation.  This photo-shoot with Jose & Marilou was really a personal challenge for myself.  As a part of this whole "healing" and "self-discovery" phase that I'm trying to enter in my life, personal challenges are important right now.  Trying out things that previously scared me and conquering those fears is a little bit empowering.  

This photo-shoot experience hasn't changed my reaction to cameras drastically, but it's all baby steps... right?! 

4 comments:

20 YORK STREET said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You did such an amazing job putting together the RIP post, the writing and the description you wrote is fantastic!

Love it ASh - you are a very valued team member of Twenty York Street!

love ya!

besos,

ML
I'm Back!
Please come say hello!
Twenty York Street
http://www.twentyyork.com/2011/06/i-am-fashion-are-you.html

Jenarcissist @ the closet narcissist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOVED both posts and left comments on each. Proud of you for taking on a challenge; see how good it feels to have conquered a fear? Get used to that feeling, girl, 'cause you're gonna be feeling it a lot more in days to come as you get stronger and stronger. :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

you are so gorgeous girl! I tend to be pretty shy in front of the camera as well ;)

xoxo

Preity lama Tamang said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

u look gorgeous..love all the necklaces..and abt camra shy..i think it gets better with time..
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...