Thursday, January 26, 2012

Why do you do it?

I could never really pinpoint why blogging became a hobby for me. Or why it is so stop and go... When I think about it, I feel like a flaky and unfit blogger. So maybe I should be asking... Why do I write?

As far back as I can remember, there have always been diaries, journals or notebooks of some kind for me to write in whatever came to mind. I would write about feelings or personal experiences to dreams or stories. There have been many times where it's hard to verbally express what's going on in my scattered brain. Taking the time to sit infront of that notebook seems to put everything in better focus.

Why do you write?

2 comments:

Jenarcissist @ the closet narcissist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We have a lot in common this way. I write for the same reasons, to work through the spiraling thoughts in my head and hopefully help someone make sense of their own spiral. I sometimes feel bad that I don't do it more regularly, but I think you and I both write when the urge comes on. Sometimes it comes on hard and fast, like I'll explode if I don't get it out RIGHT NOW. Other times, I will sit on and idea and let it build over a few days. I'd rather be that way than blog just for the sake of having a post. I always check for new posts on your blog when I can regardless of how often you post, and I'm sure others do the same, so you're still getting read. And it still helps you sort through your thoughts.

Ashelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Have I ever mentioned how much I adore getting comments from you Jenarcissist @ the closet narcissist ?

To blog or not to blog? It always seems like a question to ask as a blogger. I can totally relate to feeling guilty when there has been long periods of no posts or even writing. But you're right when you say it comes in urges... Writing just to get a post out, feels more like a job then a well-enjoyed hobby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...